Solved

Employee used in several companies

• 22 April 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello,

We have the following case : a company X is managing the contract of employees that are then working operationaly in other companies (say Y for example).

Thus we want to create employees in company X and manage all employees information in company X. Then how can we use an employee from company X in maintenance Work Orders of company Y ? 

We are using IFS Apps 10 UDP 7

Regards,

Martial

icon

Best answer by Shehan Almeida 22 April 2020, 16:26

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Martial,

In IFS Application you cannot use a employees across companies. It will always have one to one relationship. One employee - One Company.

Therefore, I believe, in your case there should be 2 employee records for company X and Y.

Even if you are using a Metrics Organization Structure it requires a separate employee IDs in each company.

Hope this explains.

Best Regards,

Shehan Almeida.

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi Martial,

Have you considered multi-company feature? We're using it in IFS Applications 9 to facilitate resource utilization across different companies. It does not change the situation from an employee perspective:o e would still belong to single company, but it does solve the resource utilization and cost allocation between two (or more) companies.

​​​​​​I would expect IFS Applications 10 to have improved version of multi-company reporting.

Br. Lauri

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi, We have a similar question. On Apps 9 with a Matrix Org structure and an employee has moved from one company to another. Can he keep the same employee record. We are recording time on Work Orders in the new company.  The two companies are separate legal entities.

Thanks,

Matthew

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi Matthew,

What matters is the payroll of the employee: is salary paid by the new company or by the old company?

If payroll remains at the employee’s old company, new employee record is not needed. If the employee payroll moves with the employee, i.e. the employee salary is paid by the new company, you need to create another employee ID in the new company. The reason that payroll is company specific and must follow the employee.

Hope this answers your question and helps you forward.:point_right_tone1:

Cheers,

Lauri

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Thansk - yes got that far. Now I’m having trouble with Organisational basic data for Maintenance. We are keeping the employee the same number (paid by new company). He has two records on the employee tab - but when I enter his signature on the employee/craft connection screen, again the same employee number, it defaults to this old record and not that on his new company /site. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.