Question

Does HR Matrix organization structure extends to Purchase Authorization Rules

• 15 January 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I have the HR Matrix organization structure setup as follows.

Employee A belongs to Company 101. Employee A is connected to position structure 7000

Employee B belongs to Company 102. Employee B is connected to position structure 6000

Employees in Position 7000 reports to Employees in Position 6000

Supervisor Access setup is in place

The Purchase Authorization setup is as follows.

Employee B is added as a Purchase Authorizer for company 101. 

Authorization Routing Template is created connecting both positions 6000 and 7000

PO Authorization Rule is also in place.

Scenario

When a PO is raised for a site connected to company 101, employee A can authorize the PO without any errors. But employee B get the following error.

“The Authorizer/Acknowledger ‘B’ is not assigned to position 6000 in company 101 and she is not a superior authorizer or substitute for any of the persons assigned to position 6000”

Question

Does HR Matrix organization structure extends to Purchase Authorization Rules?

The above scenario works fine if we add employee B to Position 6000 in company 101, but I would like to know if there is any possibility to make the above scenario works with a matrix organization structure?

Thanks!

Sachith

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Sachith,

I am afraid to say that HR Matrix structure will not assist your requirement.

Even if the employee B is assigned to a matrix structure which is common to both the companies,  that does not give Employee ‘B’ the access to company 101. Always there has to be a separate employee ID for each company if the user expects to work there. (Even HR related work)

Matrix structure is basically used to share a common organization and position structure between companies. However, it never provide employees to access other companies the matrix structure is linked to. 

You can use Supervisor Access Setup instead.

Hope this explains.

Shehan Almeida.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Shehan,

Thank you for the response. 

/Sachith