Question

Document Class - user can't see

• 5 March 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Set up Document Class - set up Group - assigned Group full access to that doc class however some of the users can’t even see that doc class as an option

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi

I guess after IFS 8 There is an option in Document Class Management which allows you to let some specific users see document classes.  Did you check this regarding to your problem?

Document Management\Basic Data\Document Class Management - “Persons and groups Tab”

Regards.

Servet

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi

I guess after IFS 8 There is an option in Document Class Management which allows you to let some specific users see document classes.  Did you check this regarding to your problem?

Document Management\Basic Data\Document Class Management - “Persons and groups Tab”

Regards.

Servet

That feature controls who can create documents of that class. If no users are listed there, everyone can create documents of that class.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Set up Document Class - set up Group - assigned Group full access to that doc class however some of the users can’t even see that doc class as an option

What do you mean with “can’t even see that doc class”? Can you provide a more detailed test plan?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi

Regards.

Servet

That feature controls who can create documents of that class. If no users are listed there, everyone can create documents of that class.

Hi Mathias,

I know that, and i got from the question that the problem was: “Some of the users can’t even see that doc class as an option while creating a new document

That is why i suggested this, because this is what happens when you try to use this feature. If some groups or person is added to this tab other users can not see that document class to choose while creating new documents.

Servet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Yes, that could be the case here, but the question is not detailed enough for us to know. The problem could also be in the definition of the group, which I guess is a person group but we also cannot say for sure. And, directly after you create a new class, everyone can use it to create new documents. It only becomes “invisible” to some people if one starts adding person or person groups under that tab.

@sandra.waud, it would be good if you could clarify with some more details of your setup.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Do all users have the same permissions - ie not just access to the Document Class?