Skip to main content
Question

Divide annual absence limit into 4 quarters, how to?

• 22 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi!

I have the following situation:

Employees are allowed to request a maximum of three flex days per quarter, so in the period from 01.01.20XX until 31.03.20XX he is allowed to request up to 3 flex day offs, from 01.04.20XX to 30.06.20XX the employee the employee may take up to 3 flex days off and so on. If one or more days are NOT taken, they are not valid anymore, so if the employee only takes 2 days in Q1 of thew year he is not allowed to take 4 days in Q2 or at a later point in time. 

So the employee has a total allowance of 12 days per year, 3 each Quarter.

The customer wants an error message if an employee tries to request a forth day in the quarter of the year.

It does not matter if the employee works less days than fulltime, so also employees which work 2,3 or 4 days have the allowance to take this flex day off. It also does not matter if the employee starts during the quarter of the year (so if the employee starts on 01.03.20XX he also has the possibility to requset up to three felx days off). 

My main question is:

How can I make the setup, so that I get an error message if an employee tries to request a forth day during the quarter of the year. Does anybody have an idea how this could be done.

I know that it could work with 4 different absences, but I try to avoid this.

So not 4 different absence limits for 4 different absences but 1 divided into 4 quarters.

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Additional information:

Initially I thought that it should be possible to generate four different absence limits (one for each quarter). But if I do this, then the other absence limits will be overwritten.