Question

Data Masking. Is there a way to mask the SSN number so that only those with HR application Manager access can see it?

• 6 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 14 replies

From reading posts on the community it doesn’t appear that going down the Personal Data Management route is going to help as this will just update the DB value and then we will not know what the SSN is when HR need it.

Is there another way to Mask the data so only  those with HR application Manager access can see the SSN?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

I don’t know of any way to do that and there is a general problem with using SSN since you can’t access control it in a good way

The only way then is to have separate contexts for different users and do a page configuration

Howver… In IFS Cloud you should use “Person Identifier details” instead of SSN. Much better!

And then you can at least define access in permission sets.

I am not 100% sure if it is yet introduced as access attribute… but most probably will

Regards,

Maria

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@ADDMARIAE 

Thank you for your reply. What page/projection is Person Identifier details.

We are on R22/2.1 and I cannot find Person Identifier details in the navigation.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Ah,

Checking the release material and it seems it is not included until 23R1.

In Employee file and Personal file you find this as a separate block in “Personal Information”

Check the release powerpoint for 23R1 - there is more information how this works

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@ADDMARIAE Thank you for the reply. We will resolve once we upgrade from R22/2