Solved

(Current) Degree of Occupation in Employment Period Details

• 13 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

In the employment information (path: Human Capital Management / HCM Services / Employee Management / Employee File / Employment Information / Periods) you can see the section Period Details.

In that section, there are two date ranges: Start Date and End Date (representing the current employment period) and the Employment Start Date and Employment End Date (representing the start date of the earliest employment period and the end date of the last employment period).

Apart from that, the section Period Details is showing Degree of Occupation and Current Degree of Occupation. With regard to these two fields, I’ve got two questions:

1. Why is the Current Degree of Occupation not shown on the same level as the current employment period (Start Date and End Date)?
  2. Which (overall?) Degree of Occupation is shown when the degree of occupation has changed in the course of time, i.e. when there are several employment periods with different degrees of occupation?

​​​​​​​

icon

Best answer by Shehan Almeida 13 September 2021, 19:02

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Martin,

The current degree of occupation shows the relevant rate for the todays date.

However, the Degree of occupation shows the relevant rate for the selected row number.

In my example row 1 has 100% until 12/31/2020, after that it drops to 40%. 

Hope this explains.

Shehan Almeida. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Shehan,

Thanks for your reaction. Yes, of course, that makes sense!

I was confused by the word ‘Current’. Normally, in that section, you see the actual (‘current’) employment period on the first row, and in that case you would expect the ‘Current Degree of Occupation’ to be shown next to that period range. And since the second row is showing the start date of the earliest employment and the end date of the last employment (i.e. more or less the total employment period), you would expect the degree of occupation on that same row to represent some kind of average instead of the actual/current degree of occupation.

I must try to think simpler ;-) Thanks again.

Best reards,

Martin