Solved

Create Employee Cloud

• 19 February 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 355 replies

Does anyone have a sraightforward ‘how to’ guide on setting up employees in Cloud, please?  

We don’t use HCM in its full capacity.  I just need to set employees up to either report hours on Projects using Time Registration OR report hours on Shop Orders connected to a Labour Class. 

This is what I’d use in Apps9 then attach to a Resource Group for Time Reg users or a Labour Class for Shop Floor Workbench users.  

I can find this screen but there’s no ‘create new/add’ functionality… 

icon

Best answer by Dharshankumaar Mahendran 21 February 2024, 08:45

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@PRODQ You can use the assistant

Human Capital Management > HCM Services > Employee Management > Employees

Human Capital Management > HCM Services > Employee Management > New Employment

or the overview

Hope this helps !

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Thanks @Buddhika Kurera.  I was looking for a little more detail though.  What drives choice in Configuration, for example?  If it’s full or light user what about when I’m only setting up someone who will be reporting hours on shop orders via Shop Floor Workbench?  They don’t have a user licence.  I also don’t have any options in the Template dropdown.  Oddly, I didn’t have a ‘new’ option in the Employees overview - even when logged on as IFSAPP.  

I guess I’m going to be getting some further partner training :-) 

Linda

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi Linda,

The settings for the "New Employment" wizard are defined in the configuration, example LIGHT.

In Apps9 you can change (remove) the wizard steps and other field settings according to your requirements in “HR Assistant Configration” page… I think it is the same in Cloud maybe with another page name as I dont have access at the moment to it. 😀

The nice thing about the assistant is that you are guided and don't have to work your way through the "Employee" page manually.

I hope this is a little helpful, but unfortunately I don't have an easy-to-follow guide for you.

Best, Lidija

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi Linda,

The settings for the "New Employment" wizard are defined in the configuration, example LIGHT.

In Apps9 you can change (remove) the wizard steps and other field settings according to your requirements in “HR Assistant Configration” page… I think it is the same in Cloud maybe with another page name as I dont have access at the moment to it. 😀

The nice thing about the assistant is that you are guided and don't have to work your way through the "Employee" page manually.

I hope this is a little helpful, but unfortunately I don't have an easy-to-follow guide for you.

Best, Lidija

Thanks, @Lidia We don’t use the Assistant in Apps9 either as we don’t use the full extent of HR but I can go and seek out the Assistant Configuration view in Cloud.  Thanks for the steer!

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @PRODQ ,

New employment is a part of Employee Administration of IFS. Check out the IFS documentation section for Employee Administration which would give the complete guide of setting up Basic data, creating employee, terminating employee, modifying employee information, managing employee information and also employee onboarding. Hope this helps 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @PRODQ ,

A new employment configuration can be setup in accordance to the requirement for a company. Where you can have steps and sections which is required for the company. Remember certain steps and sections are mandatory and you can change it. Once a configuration is added to your company you can use that to create new employees. 

You can create employees without an user ID but for them to time report they should be a user in IFS at least with limited functionality where the permission allows them only to time report

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @PRODQ ,

New employment is a part of Employee Administration of IFS. Check out the IFS documentation section for Employee Administration which would give the complete guide of setting up Basic data, creating employee, terminating employee, modifying employee information, managing employee information and also employee onboarding. Hope this helps 

hI @Dharshankumaar Mahendran 

Thanks for the feedback.

• Where would I find the documentation you refer to, please?

• When you say … 

You can create employees without an user ID but for them to time report they should be a
                 user in IFS at least with limited functionality where the permission allows them only to time

Are you saying that for anyone to report hours on a shop order as an Empoloyee they have to
               be set up as a User in IFS now?  

Thanks

Linda

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @PRODQ 

https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/23r2/

you can report time on behalf of your employees if you have necessary permissions

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @PRODQ 

https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/23r2/

you can report time on behalf of your employees if you have necessary permissions