Solved

Carrying forward the remaining days for 2 absence types

• 19 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +6

Hi

could you help me with one issue with carrying forward absence limit to next period? I have one Absence Group D-R and two Absence Types D-R and D-M. In Limit Definition tab I set all remaining limit for absence type D-R from one period should be carry forward to next period as absence type D-M.

This is ok. But I would like to carry forward also limit that remains on second absence type D-M to next period.

I created new Absence Type D-S within this same Absence Group and in Limit Definition tab I set all remaining limit from absence type D-M from one period should be carry forward as absence type D-S, but there is an error message.

Could you help me? Thanks

icon

Best answer by Thejaka Niroshan 23 January 2023, 10:32

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @Romana,

Carry Forward Absence Type can only be used as Carry Forward Absence Type. They cannot be defined again as a Main Absence Type in the Limit Definition. 

And currently in the Application Carry Forwarded Limit cannot be Carry Forward again. Instead during the First Carry Forward, the End Date can be Extended as you needed.

To see if we have another option here, can you explain the Business Scenario here?

Cheers,
Thejaka

Badge +6

Hi @Thejaka Niroshan, thanks for response. 

Carry forward settings - all remaining limit for absence type V from one period should be carry forward to next period as absence type VP.

These are the remaining limits for year 2022 -  VP 2 days left, V 20days left

I want to carry forward all 22 days to next year 2023. Now it is possible only carry forward 20 days as VP. How to process this?

Thanks

Romana

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @Romana ,

When you are generating the Carry Over Limit for VP, You can Extend the Limit End Date till the end of 2023. (Which means the 2 Days of VP can be used in 2022 & 2023).

Would that work for you?

Cheers,
Thejaka

Badge +6

Hi @Thejaka Niroshan,

I am not sure what you mean. I tried to generate limit for VP for year 2023, I changed the start/end date but result is always the same. Only 20 days are carry forward to year 2023. I attached dialog. Please let me know where should I change the date.

Thanks

R.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @Romana,

When Generating Carry Over, ‘DateTo’ can be extended as you wanted.
So when Generating for 2022, you can extend the DateTo by another year.

Like this

So the Limit will be generated with the Validity of 2 Year.

Cheers,
​​​​​​​Thejaka

Badge +6

Oh I see. Yes, this should be working as I want to. Thank you very much @Thejaka Niroshan !!!

Cheers Romana