Solved

Cancelling authorized expense sheet

• 20 February 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hello, 

Have you find some way to cancel authorized travel expense in Apps9?

At the moment we are making reverse travel expense sheet manually, but it would nice to be able to cancel the expense sheet. 

icon

Best answer by KAAGSE 20 February 2020, 15:49

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Maaret,

When you authorize a travel expense you also create a voucher ( also project transaction, work order transaction if you have that in your solution). It´s not possible to cancel an authorized travel expense. You have to adjust it manually. 

Best regards

Karolina

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Thanks Karolina, 

I thought the same, but wanted to double-check. It would be clever, if you could rollback the authorized, not paid expense sheet and system would create the reverse voucher from rollback. 

Br. Maaret

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi there, 

Please can you advise how to manually reverse the ‘Authorized’ Expense Sheet. I’m guessing we reverse the voucher but unsure where and how. 

Thank you

Morlu

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

Look at the created voucher for the travel expense. Create a manual voucher were you revers the original voucher (Accounting Rules/Voucher/Manual voucher/Voucher Entry). 

If the travel expense was connected to a project, work order etc. then you must remember to add that code part in your manual voucher, to reverse the cost on the project, work order etc. 

Regarding the travel expense you are not allowed to do any changes on this. 

Br

Karolina

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi,

Apologies for the late response, we managed to get this resolved thanks to your advice. 

Thank you 

Morlu

Badge +1

This doesn´fully resolve the issue. The representation part of the travel expense is not reversible. Any ideas on how to handle that part of the expense?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Michael,

Sorry I missed your question. I attach a document describing how to revert representation,

Regards,

Karolina 

Badge

Hi @KAAGSE,

We are trying to reverse a voucher which is created by the expense sheet(authorized)
and now we are not able to use the same Account for reversing which is used in the posting of expense sheet
because the Account is used as a ledger Account, so it is not allowing a manual posting.
so can i know how to overcome this issue
Thank you in advance🙂

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Dhanush,

It´s difficult to advice without more details about the transaction and account. But if it´s booked on a cost account and tax account you reverse the cost account and add a tax code on that line. Let the system calculate the tax. Then both the cost account and the tax account will be reversed. 

Please ask a IFS Financial consultant for more help if needed.

Regards,

Karolina