Solved

Can I change a Manufactured Part to Purchased Raw?

Badge +2

Hi All,

Is there a way of changing an Inventory Part from Manufactured to Purchased Raw?

This is a previously ‘used’ Manufactured part that we now require to Purchase from a Sister Site. Is this possible please as I seem to be getting nowhere fast.

icon

Best answer by Naveena Nanayakkara 31 May 2022, 16:22

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Nick Whiting 

normally you will get an error message if you try to do that. Because a manufactured part has a part list a purchased part raw has not a part list.

Maybe you can try to delete the part list at first on your test environment.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Nick Whiting 

When you create an inventory part type with any part type except Purchased (Raw), a routing
head and structure head are automatically created in the background.  Once created, the routing head
and structure head cannot be deleted.  So, you can change part types between Manufactured and Purchased
or you can change from Purchased (Raw) to either Manufactured or Purchased, but you cannot change from
Manufactured or Purchased to Purchased (Raw). A new part number will need to be created.

Hope this helps!

Badge +2

Thank you, getting so many ‘errors’ / reasons why it’s not possible as each part header / structure header is attached to so many other processes that it would take a week to un-pick and change.

I think I will need to go with @Naveena Nanayakkara and create new Codes and hopefully link through the Sales Part Cross Reference option 🤞

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Nick Whiting 

When you create an inventory part type with any part type except Purchased (Raw), a routing
head and structure head are automatically created in the background.  Once created, the routing head
and structure head cannot be deleted.  So, you can change part types between Manufactured and Purchased
or you can change from Purchased (Raw) to either Manufactured or Purchased, but you cannot change from
Manufactured or Purchased to Purchased (Raw). A new part number will need to be created.

Hope this helps!

Hi, in IFSAPP10 is possible also delete structure and routing head, until heads are = Buildable state, so if you find that the part type is incorrectly set, and still in state = Tentative, it is possible to delete heads and afterwards change part type from Manufactured → Purchased (Raw).

Badge +3

Hi,

In addition: can we delete a purchase structure in cloud?

We have a part, manufactured, but with a buildable purchase structure. We want to get rid of this purchase structure to avoid errors. How can we do this?