Question

Automatically Calculate Project and Work Order Overtime separate from Time Card Results

• 4 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi, I am looking for some help to setup project and work task time entries to calculate overtime separate from work time.  

For example, an employee gets overtime if they are to work beyond 40 hours in a given work week.  If they are scheduled to work an 8 hour shift and lets say on Monday they work 10 hours, then the two hours of extra time is converted to regular time and overtime is not calculated until the employee reaches that 40 hour threshold. 

However, lets say both Mon and Tues the employee works two 10 hour days then takes vacation Wed-Fri, the employee should only get paid 20 hours of regular time and 24 hours of vacation pay.  Though, I want the extra hours on Mon and Tues that were registered to a work task or a project to be considered overtime costs.  

Does anyone have any advice for how to best achieve this?  Can it be done in Job Rate Management?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Liz

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello, 

I am also interested by the same subject as i would like to book automatically different costs depending on the overtime (night shift/weekends). Like whenever it gets out of the work time calendar, apply a different rate.

Thanks, 

Tarek

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I am also interested in this topic - hoping that someone will pick up on the original question.

In my situation, I am looking to automatically assign over time or double time at certain times of the day (antisocial hours) but also OT on any hours over 39 (for example) in a single week.

I also need to pay the same OT/DT if the employee takes holiday like in Liz’s question.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi

What IFS platform and version are you on?

Kind Regards

Rachel 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@WyrDavidB  beside daily and periodic overtime - you can assign different rates of overtime in the day type 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@WyrDavidB  beside daily and periodic overtime - you can assign different rates of overtime in the day type 

Many thanks Rachel - I’m using day type to control early start and late finish over time - this is working well.
I’m currently struggling to assign overtime if the employee works >8 hours in any single day.
time from 00:00 to 07:00 is payed at double time, from 07:00 to 17:00 at normal time, and from 17:00 to 23:59 at an over time rate.
my challenge is to start paying OT if the employee starts at eg 03:00 and finishes at 13:00.
the time from 03:00 to 07:00 is DT, from 07:00 to 11:00 is normal time and then from 11:00 to 13:00 is OT. This 11:00 to 13:00 is with a normal time  “interval” on the day type but needs to be paid as OT as it is hours 9 and 10…

I’m currently looking at balance definitions, but not sure this is the correct place!

@Elizabeth Williford  - I suspect “balance definition” may be the answer to your question - as you can define absence codes which contribute towards a time balance - along the lines shown in the screen shot below!

good luck!