Attendance Point Policy

• 3 March 2022
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5
  • Sidekick (Partner)
  • 14 replies

Hello,

We have a customer that has a request to implement their attendance point policy into IFS. I am not sure if it’s possible because I haven’t seen anything in IFS that can do this. I do know there is an Disciplinary and Grievance section but I do not believe that it’s connected directly to Attendance. 

I wanted to reach out to the community to see if anyone has implemented something similar or knows how to do so in IFS. Below is a brief description of their policy:

When an employee leaves early or comes in late, they charged 0.5 point.  If they need to report off a day then they need to call no less than an hour before their shift start time elsewise they will be charged a full point.  And a no call no show will be charged 2 points.  There is also a corrective action schedule that is related to the number of points the employees accumulated.  The second part of the attendance policy deals with the points expiring.   Points expire 1 calendar year after they are charged and if the employee is able to have a full calendar quarter (3 months) without incurring any points then their points tally will be reduced by 1 full point until the employee reaches 0 points on their record.

My initial thoughts were that this might have to be some sort of customization between attendance reporting (intervals) and the Disciplinary and Grievance module (that would handle the corrective actions and would be stored on the employee file). Thoughts? Suggestions? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Nik Kumar 

This topic has been closed for comments