Question

Apps9: GDPR requirements - Are there any options to purge data to comply with GDPR rules?

• 7 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

We are trying to make sure I|FS doesnt keep records longer than required as per UK law. Am hoping there would be some systems option for purge or archvive. Has anyone else dealt with the same problem?

Am thinking old HR records, customer contacts, attachments thay may show addresses etc.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @BLLBrucemo ,

To accommodate the GDPR requirements, you can use Personal Data Management functionality in the application.

This can be used to erase/anonymize personal data of Data Subjects (Employee/ Person/ Supplier/ Customer etc)

Please refer to the below post. 

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@BLLBrucemo just thought of adding my point here since I’ve seen my organization implement GDPR measures in IFS. 

We are trying to make sure I|FS doesnt keep records longer than required as per UK law. Am hoping there would be some systems option for purge or archvive. Has anyone else dealt with the same problem?

Am thinking old HR records, customer contacts, attachments thay may show addresses etc.

Do you mean keeping a record archived after the specified period? Let’s say an HR record, an employee certificate. What I understand is that the whole idea is to not to archive, but to purge after that period. We’ll only know that there was a certificate for employee X stored in the past, but nobody can access it anymore now. 

I think it is perfectly addressed by IFS within its capabilities. 

So you will definitely know that IFS will never keep the record longer than expected. 

Hope this helps. Happy weekend!