Question

Apps 9 HCM Lunch break longer than defined in flex break rule

• 4 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi!

I have the following situation:

I use the flexible break rule. The rule says that after 6 hours the system calculates 30 minutes break and after 9 hours an additional 15 minutes are calculated. I ust Break on work hours

Now I have the following situation: The employees are allowed to take a break longer than defined in the flexible break rule. For example the employee has to take a break of 30 minutes after 6 hours but he is also allowed to make a break longer than that. My normal schedule goes from 06:00 to 14:30. So 8 hours normal work and 0,5 hours break. If I just clock in and out at the beginning and end of the work day everything works fine. I also use a flex day rule:

Now I have the issue that if my break is longer than in the flex break rule this time gets deducted from my normal time instead of my flex time.

I get those results:

I would expect a result of 8,00 hours for wage code Z100 and a deduction of 0,25 hours from my flex time account. Wage code Z130 is calculated by additional results calculation.

If I change the final Out clocking of the day the system generates balance accrual instead of recognizing that I just fulfilled my normal time:

Does anybody have an idea what I am doing wrong here?

1 reply

Badge +2

Hi Frank,

why do you use break on work hours? It will give you the break availability only after having worked for six hours and within flexible hours. I believe you’re looking for the break on interval so that your employees can have their break before having worked for 6h, as long as they work >=6h.

In order for the flexible break rule on interval to work, your day needs to have flexible hours in the time period employees are allowed to be absent. If you have core hours defined and employees leave for more than your designated break hours, it’s considered a core time violation.

The flexible lunch time will not be considered as flexible In/Out for break hours, so your day needs to be very flexible with In & Out.