Skip to main content
Question

Absence Limit Deduction

• 10 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi All,

Do we have any option in IFS Application to deduct absence limit from another absence type?

Below is an example for scenario.

ML:  60 days per annum. When employees call for sick leave, HR will deduct annual leave first. And after all AL is used up, they can call for ML which is unpaid leave.

Even employee applies for ML, if employee has AL balance/limit, first the limit should be reduced from AL limit. If no AL balance/limit, the limit should be reduce from ML limit.

Is there any standard way to fulfil above scenario?

Regards,

MalinG.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

HI,

To me this sounds like you should have AL and ML in the same absence grop..?

When you register absence the system will automatically allocate days according to the settings on the absence types in “Limit Allocation Settings”

Have you tested if that solves your request?

Regards,

Maria

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@ADDMARIAE,

Thank you for the reply.

We have two absence type for AL and ML in same absence group. If the employee applies for ML, the limit should be reduced from AL, if if an absence limit available for AL. I just need to know whether we have any functionality for that.

Regards,

MalinG.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Yes, I understand that.

Have you tried to set up the limit allocation order exactly the same for both absence types - so even if you report on ML it starts taking from AL?

Then you can set a manual allocation order and define the two limits in the box “Limit manual order”

Not sure if it works as you want but worth testing maybe?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi All,

Do we have any option in IFS Application to deduct absence limit from another absence type?

Below is an example for scenario.

ML:  60 days per annum. When employees call for sick leave, HR will deduct annual leave first. And after all AL is used up, they can call for ML which is unpaid leave.

Even employee applies for ML, if employee has AL balance/limit, first the limit should be reduced from AL limit. If no AL balance/limit, the limit should be reduce from ML limit.

Is there any standard way to fulfil above scenario?

Regards,

MalinG.

Hi @TopMalinG  

I hope this reply finds you well

that is possible same scenario we will do in our environment with the help of technical team. This will be done through customization. So, contact with your technical team/IFS team. 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/zuhaib-71698211b/