Question

Absence duration vs Substitute schedule

• 13 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hello,

I have created a substitute schedule marking June 27/28/29 as off days and assigned it to the employees and the days are properly marked as “OFF DAYs” in the employee file under schedules.

Question : A person who has applied absence request from 26th  June to 02nd July has to show only 2 days as the duration

BUT

The duration is showing as 5 including the 3 days marked as “Off days” from the Substitute schedule.

Is this a bug ?

Additional info:

1. the working days are from Sunday to Thursday and off days are from Friday to Saturday
  2. Calculation Unit : Calendar Days

Regards,

Nuwanthika 

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Nuwanthika,

If you change the unit to Workdays, the calculation will be fine.

Best regards,

Martin

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi Martin,

Thank you for the reply, apricate if you could give me clarification on below, 

We have switched from working days unit to  calendar days to meet the customer requirement where they wanted to deduct off days from the absence duration when an absence request is created.  (if the absence period of the employee’s absence request falling in-between a weekend) 

With your reply I believe we can not achieve the above given logic and the substitute schedule calculation issue. 

is it correct? 

Regards,

Nuwanthika

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Nuwanthika,

When a customer wants off days to be deducted from the absence duration, you have to use a unit which only takes into account working days. So, if I have a work week of 5 days and I select a period of 14 days for an absence request, the system will deduct 10 days from my absence limit. According to me, that's what your customer wants, right?

Best regards,

Martin

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi Martin,

if the work week is 5 days and the selected period is 14days for an absence request, the customer wants to deduct 14 days (not 10) from the absence limit (Including the off days). 

Regards,

Nuwanthika 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Nuwanthika,

But you wrote: “they wanted to deduct off days from the absence duration when an absence request is created”… So, now I'm a bit lost with regard to the exact requirement. And, to be honest, I have never heard of a customer who wanted to deduct non-working days from the absence limit when the absence period contains non-working days.

Best regards,

Martin

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi Nuwanthika,

Apart from the above the absence functions like NDAY can also cater this request.

Please feel free to reach out if you require more information.

Best Regards,