Question

Absence Configuration> Absence group> Main Registration type

• 21 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Customer has setup absence type with “Main registration type” as follows:

If customer try to record absence under SLO2, SL03, SL04 which was not registered. They receive below error message.

Can someone please explain the how IFS functionality works when we tick “main registration type” in absence group.

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Sanduni,

When the ‘Main Reg Type’ is selected, you could only use that type to Register the Absences. All the other types are now connected to the main type for Limit Allocation depending on the defined order.

Let’s Say you have available limit 5 Days, 2 Days, 3 Days respectively for SL01, SL02, SL03. When the user reports an Absence of 8 Days using the SL01 without giving a ‘No Limit’ error, remaining Days will be taken from SL02 and SL03.

Best Regards,
Thejaka

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@Thejaka Niroshan  many thanks for the explanation. Are there any document which I can refer regarding this functionality. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Sanduni,

I’m not aware of a Documentation for this. But I can share with you two workshops I have done for Limit Generation and Limit Utilization.
Absence Management
Hope you have access to this.

In the Second Session there is a Part I have talked about Main Registration. 

Best Regards,
Thejaka Niroshan

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@Thejaka Niroshan  Many thanks for sharing this. I have the access and will refer it 🙂