Question

What is your favorite mode of Training?

• 6 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

At IFS you can learn and improve your knowledge by getting trained on the topics you like. There are different ways to get trainings like 

• A Knowledge share meeting with a collegue - At Office or Virtual

• A formal onboarding training - Onsite or Virtual

• An IFS Academy Classroom Training

• An IFS Academy Virtual Training

• A Workshop organized by your team/department

• Self Paced eLearning/Training on the IFS Acedemy LMS

• Other adhoc Trainings

So,

What type of training do you like the most? and Why?

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi,

I would like below option.

And it would be awesome to learn on your own through a training manual and the Community Forum.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi,

These two options are best preferred 

• An IFS Academy Classroom Training

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi, 

Can I use this a way as customer of IFS ?

If yes, How can I do this ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

For new comers and generic knowledge, if you are not able to organize trainings internally, IFS classroom is ok and convenient, although there are not enough class organized, and the few are mainly focusing on Cloud version.

But on day to day, I’m convinced that the best form of training is the contextual help. It is possible to customize the online help and thus provide specific contents on each every screen. Users do not like user guide, they never read them, trainings are usually quickly forgotten if the user does not apply it regularly, and e-learning are highly time consuming. So contextual help provide the exact amount of data at the right place.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

There is not a one size fits all and the best option is to have all possibilities at reach when the need arises. Sometimes we are doing a great progress doing self studying but just get stuck at some point and in other circumstances we go slower in a traditional class format course but we benefit with other experiences. But if it is to choose the one that I can get more information and get it faster, it is definitely eLearning.

That is very dependent on the quality of the material, though. I have seen some ecourses offered as eLearning. This is awful, because a lone learner requires more support from the material he/she’s using than one does from a material when a Instructor is available. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Each method you listed has a time/situation ‘best fit’.  Due to very busy work loads, the regionally specific virtual learning is best suited for our team in most cases.   We typically follow that up with some workshopping as it relates to current contracts.