Solved

Toggle Button

• 19 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hello everyone,

I created a Toggle Button within an entity called “ManufPartAttribute” and another Toggle Button in another entity called “ShopOrd”. So now I want both to be in sync.  In other words, when the first Toggle Button is active the second one moved to active status also and visa versa. We use IFS Cloud.

Is there any way to do this?

Regards,

icon

Best answer by Charith Epitawatta 21 December 2023, 04:24

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@akrageb since the toggle buttons are Persisted Custom Attributes, they can get a value from users → true or false.

However, I would imagine that when you create a Shop Order you would like the value of the toggle button to be inherited from masterdata Inventory Part. In order to do that you would need a custom event action to be triggered when Shop Order is created and fetch the value from Inventory Part and update the value in the Shop Order by using the method: Shop_Order_CFP.Modify

Badge +3

@Marcel.Ausan 

You're right.

However, my problem always is to identify the field in ShopOrder on which the event action should be created!

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @akrageb,

From what I understand, what you should be doing is something similar to following.

1. Create a custom attribute on ShopOrd(Cf_TOGGLE).
  2. Create a custom attribute on ManufPartAttribute(Cf_MPA).
  3. Create an event on ShopOrd which would fire when Cf_TOGGLE field is modified. Here, you should select SHOP_ORD_CFT as the table, which is the custom field table for Shop Order. You would find your custom attribute “Cf_TOGGLE” in this table, but not on the standard SHOP_ORD_TAB table. Under “Select attributes available when creating event actions” section, you can select the NEW value of Cf_TOGGLE.
  4. Create an Execute Online SQL type action for the above event on ShopOrd that would update Cf_MPA attibute on ManufPartAttribute. 
  5. Follow step 3 and 4 for ManufPartAttribute as well. Make sure to select the respective CFT table when creating the event. 

Hope this helps! 

Badge +3

@Charith Epitawatta 

Many thanks, done.