Question

Reassigning multiple line numbers at once

• 19 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 1 reply

Has anyone been able to batch reassign multiple line numbers at once? We have multiple order to ship and sometimes our inventory doesn’t always match what can go in one shipment number. In the case that we need to reassign multiple line numbers, usually we have to do it one by one. Is there a step we are missing? is there a way to reassign multiple lines to a new shipment number at once or is doing it one line number at a time to the new shipment number the only way to do it?

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

After a shipment is created if you require to manually connect multiple lines into it you can follow the below steps.

Shipment window > Available Source lines > Select the multiple available rows you require to connect to the shipment > RMB > Connect to shipment.

It will allow you to connect multiple lines at once to the shipment.

Also when you are creating the CO itself you can provide the Shipment Type and Shipment Creation point in CO > Delivery Information tab.

It will ensure all the customer order lines connect into a shipment for the customer at the given Shipment Creation point (At order release / At pick list creation) automatically.

If the given Shipment Type is not blocked for automatic connection at above Shipment Creation point (You can check it from shipment type > Shipment Events tab > Optional Event); all the multiple CO lines created for the customer with above Shipment Type and Shipment Creation details in CO > Delivery Information tab will automatically connect into one shipment.

Badge +1

Thanks! I will play around with it and see if this works or not. I work on the analytics side of things, customer service creates the customer order but I could pass the word along!

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Sure.

Also note that if you are using 2nd option to automatically connect multiple order lines to a shipment; you can even define the Shipment type default. Shipment types can be entered per site, per customer delivery address or per supply chain relation as a default.