Question

Quick Report Export to Excel is not working

• 21 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hello,When you follow the steps shown in the attachment one by one, the attached error appears. What should we do to solve this?

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Try run with the output in the client first. Is that working? If yes, at least you know the report query is ok for the parameter you enter. If the report is NOT working in the client you have a query to fix (make sure the parameter you enter has the right type for the query).

In the error window, you can click “view detail” and see what the server says when you request the excel output. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

this is a real server issue, the network performance not good when you use the quick report, you can try later.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Try run with the output in the client first. Is that working? If yes, at least you know the report query is ok for the parameter you enter. If the report is NOT working in the client you have a query to fix (make sure the parameter you enter has the right type for the query).

In the error window, you can click “view detail” and see what the server says when you request the excel output. 

This seems to be the important point in the error details (Caused by: java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException: Illegal character range near index 11
(?i)'&[-CS-L]Contract') 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

this is a real server issue, the network performance not good when you use the quick report, you can try later.

I tried more than once but I always encounter the same problem.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Ertan,
what is the outcome of this Excel-Report?
It looks like a SiteID or CONTRACT filtered report of CustomerOrders.
Any more requirements?
What do you try to achieve in Excel?
Ever thought about an automated version of E(xtract) - T(ransform) - L(oad)
and the use of a MS SQL Database with a copy of your ORACLE data and
later on use not Excel but
Excel pivot to have e.g. CustomerOrder centered report with Quantities, Turnover and ContributionMargin?

best regards
Michael