Question

Purchase Requisition tied to a Work Order and MRP Interaction

• 22 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello, 

We are trying to figure out if the following scenario is “as intended” IFS behavior:

Question:  What’s the “correct” way to source INVENTORY parts for my WO when Inv Part in Stock =0?

Scenario:  Test with 0 in stock (MMR = Maintenance Material Req.): 

1. Enter Inv P/N xx on WO/Req..s Tab/Part Req. Lines Tab  --  Save (sys auto-adds an MMR line),  --  leave Pur.Req. in Planned
  2. Release MMR header
  3. Run MRP.

MRP creates Pur.Req. for MMR line seemingly ignoring the WO tied (planned) Pur.Req. supply.

This creates an over-supply for xx.  Is this as intended behavior?

Thanks.

Here's the over-supplied P/N xx :

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@ttzeleznik I would have expected that MRP will consider the already existing supply (PR) and not create a new requisition. I see you are using planning method M. Could you maybe try to change it to G and set an order cover time = 1 to check if maybe method G works better.

Another way to avoid this would be use a planning method which is not considered by MRP, i.e. B or C

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@Marcel.Ausan   Thanks for the suggestions. Switching to Plan Meth G failed as M; over supply:

Tried Plan Meth B but the method doesn’t fit our needs since it doesn’t consider regular MMR demands or any demands I believe:

I also for on the IFS Documentation, ….../ifsdoc/documentation/en/Planning/AboutMrp.htm :

Thoughts?  I’m thinking Bug Case to IFS……

Thank you, Troy