Solved

How can I see where the table is used in which interface in IFS?

• 25 April 2024
  • 8 replies

Badge +4

I found a table named PROJECT_GROUP_LOV in the database.

Now i want to add some records to this table.

But how can I see where this table is used in which interface in IFS?

It should be under Financials => Project Accounting => Projects => Project Groups but there is only PROJECT_GROUPS table here. 

icon

Best answer by JJäthing 26 April 2024, 08:37

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@sahango to know in which interface a table is used in IFS, I would find that from permission sets .

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @sahango for view table use PLSQL after that you see the table in the red color highlight it is view in IFS. For view table open PLSQL use select query

Select * From PROJECT_GROUP 

After RMD then view on check table snap is attached for your reference. 

Thanks & Regards,

Zuhaib
IFS Consultant
https://www.linkedin.com/feed/

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Specifically, any table that has the suffix LOV is a List Of Values, i.e. basic data can be entered by the user directly into the basic data that the List Of Values refer to. In your case the view PROJECT_GROUP_LOV is pointing to the window Project Groups where you can enter your new data.

/Jonas

Badge +4

Actually i find the table  in PL/SQL. I want to add new record from IFS Interface.

Hi @sahango for view table use PLSQL after that you see the table in the red color highlight it is view in IFS. For view table open PLSQL use select query

Select * From PROJECT_GROUP 

After RMD then view on check table snap is attached for your reference. 

Thanks & Regards,

Zuhaib
IFS Consultant
https://www.linkedin.com/feed/

Badge +4

I opened the permisson set  but where i will enter the table name and it will show/navigate me to the interface. I would be grateful if you share a picture.

@sahango to know in which interface a table is used in IFS, I would find that from permission sets .

Badge +4

As far as I understand, you are saying that I can enter new data from the PROJECT_GROUP table. But when I call the datas of the table in PL/SQL with select * from PROJECT_GROUP query,  different table with more columns comes up.. I mean they are not same exactly.

Specifically, any table that has the suffix LOV is a List Of Values, i.e. basic data can be entered by the user directly into the basic data that the List Of Values refer to. In your case the view PROJECT_GROUP_LOV is pointing to the window Project Groups where you can enter your new data.

/Jonas

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Dear Sahango,

The Project Groups table is Company Specific. If there are more entries in your PL SQL query you should try to find the Company column. I bet you have more than one Company in your database.

/Jonas

Badge +4

Thank you very much for the information you provided. You were right. 

Dear Sahango,

The Project Groups table is Company Specific. If there are more entries in your PL SQL query you should try to find the Company column. I bet you have more than one Company in your database.

/Jonas