Question

Disassembly Shipment

• 7 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

While shipping a manufactured product, I want to send the sub-parts of the product in a separate shipping order, how can I do this?
The product is shipped to the customer in disassembled form. In other words, it is sold as a single material. But when shipped, the parts of the material are shipped separately. Can you help with this?

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Busra,

Did you try to make a package part?

/Jonas

Badge +4

@JJäthing 

Hi JJäthing,

Configurable parts are not added to package parts so I haven't tried it
Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@Novacura_jst is this something our Shipment relevant parts solution would address?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hey,

Haven’t checked the newest releases in Cloud if that changed, but IFS has this on the roadmap since a rather long time. Not really sure what the status at the moment is. I have seen slides years ago, where IFS presented the idea for a generic shipment and has started making it more generic by renaming the order fields to generic Soure_ref field and slowly adding more sources.

Last i checked shop order has not been implemented for IFS standard yet, so there is no way to do this in standard. 

I have seen different solutions for this at different customers, but it always involved either a larger customization or our Novacura Flow solution.

For customizations I have seen: 

• Completly Customized new Shipment
  • Add Project deliverable lines to shipment and pick list,
  • Create the lines as customer order lines (NOT advised if you have configurable parts. This will be a pain if you want to do changes)
  • Similar to above, just that the customer order lines are summarized as a package part for better display in the customer order. 

All these scenarios are really complicated, especially for configured parts and a lot of things need to be considered. 

For a Swiss customer of ours we build a solution with IFS custom Logical Units where our top level Shop Order is a logistic order, meaning it only includes Parts that are meant to be shipped. With our scanner solution you then pick these parts and we write it to the custom LU. When picking the shipment we join that custom LU to the pick list (on the scanners only) and you can “pick” them again. Same happens later in our packing scanner flow. It’s all an update to the custom LU and the setup and content is displayed jointly. Works really well. 

If you are on the newest version of IFS Cloud you can check out what new options shipment provides. I think there is a better way to ship from project now, but i would have to look into it. So if you happen to work with projects as well that might be an option.

My experience so far has been that this is hard to do in IFS and requires some experience and probably a customization or flow/third party solution.

Regards,

Johannes

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

and yes @ROVECH this seems to be exactly the used case we did built our Shipment Relevant Part Solution for: Configured Parts and Ship from Shop Order.