Question

Cash flow forecasting

• 3 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi. We are using IFS10. I am trying to understand the cashflow forecasting tool. Is there a user guide as to the information selected and where it comes from? In particular I am looking at the ‘event date’. We have some open authorised Purchase orders that have been released, showing as cash flow forecast status 4, cash flow type IFS_PURORD, the planned/wanted/promise dates/delivery dates are all in the future (March/April/August 2024 and beyond) however the event date is pulling back as this week and therefore the slot date is this week . Does this report also take into account payment terms on supplier accounts? ie age when the cash will be due for payment based on the terms agreed with the supplier and showing against the supplier account. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

2 replies

Badge +1

Amazing question!!  I, too, would love to learn more about the Cash Flow forecasting tool.  We have not used it, but are very interested in learning about it for 2024.  Would love to see a user call, training module or user guide on this.

Badge +3

Yes this is a great question and a user guide would be very useful.  

I have be told in the past (and I stand to be corrected) that the dates on the Purchase orders are just for show and do not feed into anything relevant in terms of cash forecasting.   This impacts our project reporting as all the committed costs are in the near month.