Question

Analyze Documents in Oracle Database

• 3 January 2024
  • 0 replies

Badge

Hi,

We are using IFS managed cloud services and store our documents in the oracle database.

We have around 2500 GB of document data in our database (tablespace IFSAPP_LOB), and we are planning to analyze the document using these categories before the cloud migration.

We must come up with a strategy to offload some of the data prior to the migration as it will take lot of time for the migration.

Do any of you have any SQL quries that I might use to query the database tables?

We'd like to know:

How many GBs are available for each document file format (for example, JPEGs and PDFs)? (file type is available in EDM_FILE view)
How much GBs each company is using as documents (for example, 600 GB for company 1 for doc class 001) so do you know how to connect company to documents?

When I first started analyzing, I noticed that the document count (doc_no) for EDM_FILE_STORAGE views differs from that of doc_issue_tab and EDM_FILE. This indicates that certain documents do not include a blob or actual data(When I check such a file in the Document Revision window, the view and edit buttons are grayed out)

Example: Blob is only stored at EDM_FILE_STORAGE

Thanks in advance.
Axkey

0 replies

Be the first to reply!