Question

Zoom Functionality in Cloud vs EE

• 7 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Everyone,

New to Cloud so I have a question. 

In EE when I create a new record (in Business Opportunity let’s say), I can easily zoom to any fields (customer, market , ...) using F9 and take me directly to the required window.

How to Zoom in Cloud directly to the basic / master data window ?

Please don’t tell me that it is not available anymore. 

Thanks 

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@NMALKI The Zoom functionality in Aurena is bit different to what is in the IEE client.

The hyperlink in the field allows users to access specific records by clicking on it, this is how the Zoom function works in Aurena, though it may not be available across all fields.

Clicking on a hyperlink opens the corresponding record filtered in the relevant page. If required, it is possible to add a new record, the basic data probably.

Following as an example in Business Opportunity page.

Please don’t tell me that it is not available anymore. 

So I dont 😊

Hope this helps !

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@Buddhika Kurera I have found quite a few of the hyperlinks in IFS Cloud 23R1 dont work, they appear as links but no response occurs when they are clicked. Should these be reported as service cases? or is this a know issue?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@david.harmer 

The issue with the hyperlinks (not navigating to the relevant screen when clicked on the hyperlink) has already been identified as a bug in IFS Cloud 23R1 and it has been fixed in 23R1 SU6 (JIRA ticket ID: TEZAUFW-4029).
As a workaround, you may RMB (click right-mouse-button) on the hyperlink and select the option; Open link in new tab. Then you will be directed to the relevant screen but in a new tab.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Buddhika Kurera I have found quite a few of the hyperlinks in IFS Cloud 23R1 dont work, they appear as links but no response occurs when they are clicked. Should these be reported as service cases? or is this a know issue?

@KethakaG Thank you !

@david.harmer What you experienced is a defect as mentioned. The solution is updating your IFS Cloud 23R1 version to the latest.

For APP10 user’s benefit, this is fixed for Aurena in APP10 through a binary patch included in the UPD22. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Buddhika Kurera Thanks for your quick reply but in my opinion, hyperlink is not as powerful as zoom in EE.

In EE, I can zoom to Market basic data from Business Opportunity window to complete my missing settings.

or in Cloud , when I am CREATING a new record most of the fields are drop down list without the possibility to zoom to their basic/master data ⁠Sad

Eg. market, company, probability … 

Thanks 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Buddhika Kurera Thanks for your quick reply but in my opinion, hyperlink is not as powerful as zoom in EE.

In EE, I can zoom to Market basic data from Business Opportunity window to complete my missing settings.

Yes I understand and it is not straight forwards as in IEE. AFAIK what you need is not a possibility yet.

I would hope someone from the relevant area would comment here.