Solved

Zip file is Invalid

Badge +8

Hi all,

I tried to send a zip file via ifs .but when I try to extract it from the server it shows this error. this is not a permission issue because I already checked that. Is anyone know what the problem with this is?

Thanks

RMS

icon

Best answer by Hypervox 5 July 2022, 11:57

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @LevSupunS 

if I’ve understood you correctly you want to attach a zip file to any object in IFS???

Did you define the file type in IFS?

Badge +8

Hi ,

Yes I defined file type and when I send a zip file through the app it comes to the server but I couldn't  . That's the issue. I tried to extract using 7zip and WinRAR .but it didn't extract , mentioned the file was corrupted.

Thanks

RMS

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @LevSupunS 

normaly it should work.

Did you define the path in IFS?

Are you able to open documents like PDF?

Badge +8

Hi ,

Define the path means in file sender configuration under IFS Connect?

I can open xml files .only zip files cannot extract

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @LevSupunS 

at first you need the ZIP file manager on your computer to open a zip file.

The file type is defined as you mentioned.

Then you can check the path in IFS if it exists in your Windows.

Badge +8

Hi,

this issue occurred in the ifs application installation server. it's working fine on my local machine. So can you kindly check this image? I already installed Winrar and 7 zip applications and tried to extract via those, but it didn't work. Can you kindly give your opinion

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @LevSupunS 

OK I see. This issue isn’t connected to IFS.

Something is wrong with your ZIP file manage or WinRAR.

Did you try to find out something via a search engine?

Badge +8

hi, 

Not i couldn't find anything. but can you see the path of  zip file save is ( C:\IFS\Appsrv02\wls_domain\DOLTST01) and the file sender path is this one 

i changed it ,but it didn’t work

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

this issue occurred in the ifs application installation server. it's working fine on my local machine. So can you kindly check this image? I already installed Winrar and 7 zip applications and tried to extract via those, but it didn't work. Can you kindly give your opinion

Hi,

To me, that looks like the windows default file manager tryign to open the zip file.  If you right click the file, you should have the options to user 7-zip or winrar to open the file.  Do these work?

Badge +8

Hi @Hypervox ,

Yes, I tried both 7zip and Winrar. but it mentioned that cannot extract, files are corrupted 

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

But you can open them successfully on your own pc?

Badge +8

Hi @Hypervox ,

yes I can,also when I send zip file as a mail I can extract in my local machine

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Very strange.  What happens if you move one of the zips to another location on the server - can you open it then?

Badge +8

Hi @Hypervox ,

no it didn't open,but other zip files which not come through ifs app extract without no issue

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

If you do a google search for “windows compressed folder is invalid server” you’ll find a couple of sites that mention possible fixes for your problem.  You could try working your way through these (for example restarting file explorer, re-installing 7-zip etc) - my only word of caution is that if you’re doing this on a production server take appropriate steps before you start (taking backups etc) just in case.