Question

When do I need a SSL Certificate?

• 15 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi,

We have a certificate that we got for the touch apps server a long time ago and this is due to expire. As we no longer user touch apps since we moved to IFS10 I wasn’t going to renew this?

Will this cause any issues elsewhere in the application? For what scenarios are certificates needed within Apps10?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi,

The SSL certificate is used for securing access to IFS interfaces which are accessed using a web browser. This includes IEE, Aurena, TouchApps, Integrators etc. 

The main interface I would be concerned with is IEE & Aurena, accessed by all IFS users.

You can check the following configuration window to figure out whether you are using an SSL or self-signed cert:

IFS recommends using SSL cert for all Production environments.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @magnum80,

Your IFS touch apps servers should be having a separate IIS web site hosted in a separate server which is operating independently from middleware  web servers. Hence the certificate being used there will not have any impact on the other IFS Applications installations. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi Srikanth,

Thank you for your answer. I’m afraid I am still a little bit confused as this is all new to me. Are you saying that I need to run the ‘IFS Applications Installer’ to check if I have SSL certificates installed? And if I understand you correctly I need either a celf-signed or SSL cert for all the interfaces in your illustration?

Thank you in advance.