Question

Visual Studio lacks IFS Addin information

• 30 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi,
My colleague is trying to set up APF development on his PC. Target version is APP10.
After successfully set up SetupIFSAPFDevelopment100, his Visual Studio lacks some information.
IFS AddIns / Addin Manager in Option dialog of Visual Studio 2013, there is no Settings and No AddIns.
(while my PC has several variables in Settings like FNDHOME, DEVROOT, DEPLOYTARGET and many Addins)

Does anyone knows the cause of this problem and how to fix it?
Any comments will be appreciated.

Thank you.
Kazu

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

It seems that <Startup> check box for <IFS VisualStudio AddIn Manager> in Add-in Manager dialog box that shows up from TOOLS/Add-in Manager menu should be checked on.
I think Environment/Add-in Security in Option dialog should be also checked up.
Kazu

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @CheKazuAz,
It would be useful if you could provide some screen captures of the issue you are facing with noted errors, have you tried a clean build and restarting the VS and if you were able to resolve appreciate your update with your findings that would help others.
Thanks & Best Regards,
Yasas

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

My colleague didn’t have anything in above red rectangles. He couldn’t build the project at all.

He said his Visual Studio didn’t have “check” in a check box marked by a red rectangle above.
He checked it by himself then tried to execute SetupIFSAPFDevelopment100 again, then he got IFS Add ins and now he can build projects.
Kazu