Question

VISUAL STUDIO IFS DEVELOPMENT TOOLS

• 8 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

When I open any form in the project in Visual Studio, it gives the error I sent in the attachment.

Could you help me about this issue?

Thank you.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@skurumehmet 

I have seen this issue for designer files if you do not build the project first and try to open them. Try build button on the menu first and build the project

Regards,

Sahan

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

If it’s not solved by Sahan’s suggestion, try reinstalling IFS development tools (F1 tools) for APF developments and see if it works.

To make sure you have the IFS plugin correctly installed for VS, you can go to Tools and check if IFS Data Set Toolbox is there ;)

Cheers!

Damith

Badge +3

Hi @skurumehmet ,

Reinstall the ToolDisk (Development tools with Visual Studio) to a different location, making sure that the provided details, including the build home and project root, are accurate. Make sure to install in a location where you can easily navigate to the URL by copying and pasting it into the file explorer. Use straightforward words for folder names, avoiding spaces or special characters.

If the issue persists, attempt a complete clean and build. Sometimes, errors and warnings may disappear during this process. Check the specified locations mentioned in the errors. Confirm the presence of the specified erroneous files, and if they are missing, consider adding them.

Regards,

Vageesan