Question

Video on Lobby does not work

• 4 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Video Element, does not work properly. Is there any specific set up? 

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

I haven’t used the Aurena ‘video element’ you show in your example, but at least in IEE you can access online videos using standard Web links if that helps you.  

For example, in IEE I can point to a video on an internal Sharepoint server using something like the following:

In this example the first link works fine and will autoplay an mp4 file stored on our local Sharepoint site, but the second link to YouTube opens a frame but does not run correctly.  My guess is that in order to deeplink to YouTube and autoplay the required syntax is different than what you see when you visit YouTube manually.

So…

1. Try using a Web link instead of the video element just to see if you can get anything working, especially if using IEE and not just Aurena client
  2. Check a different source for video media - it might just be YouTube that is not working well.
  3. If the media you really need to run is on YouTube try to find their documentation for direct access/API access for media to create a different string

Nick