Question

Using/Deploying Oracle APEX

• 26 May 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Has anyone had experience of deploying/using APEX with IFS?

I’m looking at an alternative solution for some existing custom developments and would like some feedback on suitability/ease of deployment etc.

TIA

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @KIMKIMANDREW,

IFS R&D does not support using APEX together with IFS Cloud / IFS Applications (Apps8, Apps9, Apps10). APEX is not installed in the database when the recommended DBCA templates are used. Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Novishan

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

You can install and configure APEX applications inside an IFS database and it is best to install the APEX objects in a separate tablespace. Configuring the latest APEX listener is very easy.

What is your specific question/issue regarding?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Not after technical support or anything specific, I’m just trying got get a feel for what it’s like to work with, what works and what doesn’t.

There’s a lot of ‘APEX is great’ posts out on the interweb but I wanted to be able to have a chat with someone who uses it in the real world :relaxed:

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

I am usually involved with the install & configuration side of APEX but not an end user. Few of my clients use it for reporting purposes (outside IFS) and quite like the application and how easily it integrates with their IFS DB.

Badge +1

Hi,

I have been using Oracle APEX in the real world since 2009.

Examples

• Integrating with Oracle ERP (Financials, Projects)
  • Integrating with other Enterprise apps (Oracle Field Service)
  • Migrations from legacy apps (On-prem to Cloud)
  • Using Single Sign On
  • And for real time integrations.

I am keen to explore using APEX in connection with IFS apps.

Happy to chat.

+61 412 483 569