Solved

Used Languages in Build Place environment

• 15 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi,
I have an environment in Build Place. The environment only has English installed as available Used Language. I'd like to add Japanese language to the environment. How can I do for it?

I tried to use <Used Languages> button in Build Place screen. It shows a kind of pop up dialog on the right side (what is it called?) in which there are 2 boxes. I moved <Japanese> from the left box to the right box then pushed <Save> button. It showed 2 small message, <Build Success> and <Build Info>. But I don't understand what they are. Do we have any manual about <Used Languages> and other buttons on Build Place screen (in IFS Lifecycle Experience)?

Sorry for 2 questions. The main question is the first one.
Thank you.
Kazu

icon

Best answer by Sajith D 15 July 2022, 02:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @CheKazuAz ,

please refer to https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r1/020_lifecycle/070_self_service_options/010_updating_lng/ which might answer your questions.

Cheers

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Sajith,
Thank you for your reply. It helped me to understand and learn Build Place.

I found the page where I can learn how to use <Used Languages> button. This button seems to change only <Used Languages> flags, it doesn't add languages to the environments.
My environment is DEV type, so it seems to add languages but I still don't know how to add Japanese. I need to learn more.

Thank you again.
Kazu

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@CheKazuAz,

Adding the language through Used Languages will create a Git pull request enabling the language into the source control. After the pull request is approved and merged, a delivery must be created and installed in your environment to enable the language.

Best regards,

Ben

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Ben,
Thank you for your comments.
There are lots of things to learn about Build Place and IFS Cloud.

Best regards,
Kazu