Solved

upgrade to IFS Cloud 23R2 Equipment Object issues

• 6 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi everyone,

Recently we upgraded our test system from IFS cloud version 22R2 to 23R2. We are noticing an issue around the EquipmentObject entity.

1. Errors on the Equipment Object Navigator and Explore Equipment Objects forms.
    • ODP_ILLEGAL_STATE: (Server Error) Unable to fulfill the request due to unexpected server state. Unable to fulfill the request due to unexpected server state. 
    • The above is the error being seen when navigating to these forms
    • Additional error detail
  2. ​​​​​​​Using the ifs developer studio, I tried to redeploy the EquipmentObjectNavigatorHandling projection file. I simply get the following error message:
    • Even attempting to deploy another entity that has a dependency to EquipmentObject we see that error. The model file clearly exists 

Notes / Things tried:

• Reconfigured / restarted middle tier server
  • There are no custom attributes applied against the EquipmentObject entity

Any help or other things to try would be appreciated.

Thanks,

LEdwards

icon

Best answer by AveTonitM 6 March 2024, 19:31

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

We noticed similar non-descriptive server errors in one 23R2 environment, right after the 23R2 install. Errors were triggered in most views related to Equipment Objects but also in work order / work task pages, preventing totally from using the functions.

This is a bug that IFS is aware of. To my understanding there where some technical dependencies to IFS Request Management that should not exist, and this bug trigger the errors

Installation of 23R2 SU3 solved the issue for us. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

That is good news.

Thank you!