Question

Updating screen data with BPA

• 3 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello,
For customization purposes, I need to update the data on the "Customer order" screen as soon as I enter the pre-imputation (when I click on the "Close" button, for example) :

Is there a way to do this via BPA? I've tried to find a webservice called "Refresh" but can't find anything. 
Thanks in advance.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi,

Update the data on the "Customer order" screen, as in changing values on customer order by utilizing the change you just did can be done using BPA by configuring a projection action to the api call.

but Refreshing a client page using a BPA is not a supported scenario. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

To capture the point of the close button you can keep the debug console, network tab open and observe the network requests issued when the close button is clicked. This request can be used as a ‘reaction to projection’ to trigger the workflow. The workflow can then use a IFS Projection task (or ‘IFS API’ task in newer versions) to do an ‘Update’ in the relevant projection.(CustomerOrderHanding projection in this case) You can refer documentation for more details. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Lahirumala de Mel and @kamnlk ,

Thank you for your answers.

I have tried to trigger a BPA on the webservice which is launched when the "Close" button is clicked.
But nothing happens.
The BPA in question makes a modification to the sales order header. But nothing is updated.
Do you have the same problem? Thank you in advance.