Skip to main content

In IFS24R1 new functionality has been introduced/extended with regards to the use of time zone.

In a buildplace development environment I see the following: 

So IFSAPP has Working Time Zone Europe/London.

This time zone is not active, but it has been set as default for all users (also in a regular upgraded environment to Europe/London based upon the server setting.

Is there a file/table that contains this setting, so it can be updated in bulk for all users?

Hello @eqbstal 

In my case the field is active and can be selected.

Did you check if you have time zones set used in application?

That is @Furkan Zengin what I saw, but now each user that is new to the environment must set up manually this correct time zone, while the majority are not in London time but Amsterdam time. So looking for the view that holds the settings of all the users and bulk change them (using migration job) to one setting.

However then noticed that debug console has been implemented in a far different way.

Hello @eqbstal 

Can you try running this on SQL? This should set time zone as user’s browser time zone  setting

BEGIN
User_Profile_Service_SVC.Do_Set_Client_Profile_Value(
'User/General/Regional Settings',
'WorkingTimezone',
'\"#BROWSER#\"',
unbound## => ''
);
END;

@Furkan Zengin Have to belief you that that is going to work. I have no access to the actual code, so can't build anything via the BuildPlace.

From the way it is written, I deduct that the setting is stored as xml and thus most likely in a blob or clob field. So that would make any migration job, that I have in mind, impossible.

Did I make the right assumption here?

Hello

I copied this piece code from browser inspect. I have not tested myself buy I believe this should work. Try to loop this for all users if you have access with SQL

Cheers