Solved

Tab missing after applying IFS update

• 8 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

We are currently using 22R1, but after applying the 22R2 update we lose the Job Rate Management tab from the Active Work Order screen.  I’m not sure if this is something specific to JRM or if other people have encountered anything similar with other tabs when applying updates.

If we try to work around the issue by manually adding the JRM tab to the screen using Page Designer,  we can see that the 2 content items that need to be included in the tab (JobSpecificDetail singleton and JobSpecificDetail group) are no longer available/visible in the updated version to even add.

Has anyone else encountered something similar with JRM or maybe even another component/tab in the past?

The update deployment logs don’t have any issues regarding this area, and no callouts for concern there either in the pre-update validation.

Many thanks in advance for any thoughts or input!

Nick

icon

Best answer by NickPorter 18 October 2023, 01:43

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

To close the loop on this:  This has been identified as a bug and IFS will be releasing a fix in 22R2.14 in Nov 2023.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @NickPorter,

In case you’re not aware and need a workaround before the correction is available, I believe the tab is still there on the Work Task page. By default the Prevailing Wage Setting is set to Inherit (to get the values from the Work Order), but by setting it to Specific you can set the required values directly on the Work Task.

This involves slightly more admin in the short term, but is a way to at least ensure you get correct values when users report on the work task.

Hope this can be of use.

Kind regards,

Johan

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Thanks @Johan Lagerström .  I appreciate the reply.  We did find that and it does work but it is extra steps and adds the risk of it not being done on some of the work tasks.  Given that the impact of the risk is on financials we need to get it fixed properly.

Nick