Question

Syntax for Advanced Search (Aurena)

• 20 September 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

I have a need to create a bookmark for endusers, which brings users to page/PostingProposal in Aurena with a saved search using information from page/PostingProposals based on the currently logged in user.

Similar to other users, I am familiar with using Advanced Searches in EE, but with Aurena I have no clue what the syntax is to achieve my goals.

To make my example concrete:

I would like a saved search that fetches invoices where NextAuthorizer = the logged in user’s Person_ID.

NextAuthorizer = #PERSON_ID#

Can this be done? If so, what would the syntax be? Is there a comprehensive document for the syntax of Advanced Searches?

Br Linus

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @ltfligr ,

Hope the following pdf helps you.

Badge +2

Hello,

Thank you! The document is very valuable for the basics of Advanced Search syntax.

Having read through the document, I could not find information about dynamic searches such as #TODAY# or #PERSON_ID# as is possible in IEE. Is this possible at all, or no?

BR

Linus

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

@ltfligr Support for Context Substitution Variables such as #TODAY# was added with IFSAPP10 UPD12.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Is there an option in the advanced search to select only those rows that have a value in a connected view?

Case: Project Management > Analysis > Project Monitoring allows us to select per project, its name etc. However if I want to select all the projects that are connected to customer xyz, I have a problem. In IEE we could use a smart subquery to the projects view and get the list of projects for a specific customer.

Question: Is there any syntax available where that could be used for this?

Note: Please don't point out to something in ifsbiz or techblogs/uxx as partners/customers are not allowed to see that.

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

@eqbstal No unfortunately this is not possible. If it is a very specific scenario you want to cover you could perhaps create a custom field that contains the value you want to search for but on larger data volumes this will probably then cause performance issues.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

@Jonas Feigl OK. Thanks for answering (I know a little bit late that I respond), but what is the usage of the Advance search option anyway? There are so many steps to take before I have a quite simple advanced query (all rows that have not code X and have not code Y). I first have to prepare basic select, which doesn't allow me to us an ‘and’ operation. Once the ‘or’ operation works I open the Advance search box, change the ‘or’ operation into ‘and’. Save it as a search. If I then want to reuse the saved search (which doesn't work with a bookmark) I have to open the advanced search go into detail, using three dots on the right, and then select the correct saved search.

What a hassle. Hope that these can be improved (or is already as I have only IFS21R2 experience up to now), and that the documentation on the advanced search query becomes available. Which 'language’ is it anyway?

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

@eqbstal If there are specific improvements you would like to see I highly recommend that you create a new topic in the community of type “Idea” to see your requirements considered for future releases!

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Raised the idea via the community