Question

Survey Export/Import

• 14 February 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 1 reply

Good evening!

One of my users has just finished designing and testing our suite of surveys in sandbox (Yay!).  They’ve told me the workflow is running well and without error (Also yay!).  Great, so that means the surveys are now ready to move to our Pre-Prod environment for testing.

I spoke with our tech consultant about how we could do that, and the answer was “Well, the user can just type them into Pre-Prod.”  (Very not yay!)

Is this correct?  Are we missing some obvious import/export functionality?  I’ve been told the migration for this is non-trivial, as the conditional questions won’t retain their IDs.  We’d probably need to either create a compound key and write a bit of custom SQL package to let the migration correctly link the questions, or we’d need to work some field-matching magic on the migration that I haven’t worked out yet.

Thanks for your help, everyone.  I’m hoping there’s something we’re missing here, and that the solution should be trivial for this.

-JFR

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

We're you able to move these?  We have a client that has developed nearly 300 surveys that now need to be promoted to other environments?  Is the only doing this be a FNDMIG job?