Question

Simple Excel Plugin - Output File and Location

• 10 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I am trying to save output as FILE using the Simple Excel Plugin . It does not appear to be creating any file. I have set the tried with UNC path and IFS unix mount path but nothing works.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Check whether IFS MWS service user has write access to this location? Or just try granting everyone right access only for testing. 

Also check whether the file is created in system default location - plugin output directory defined in system parameters window. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hope you are printing to a Logical Printer. If not try printing to NO_PRINTOUT logical printer.  Also check the status of the print job. If it’s in ERROR then the output will not be generated. You can check the status of the print job from the Print Manager window.

Regards,

Badge +1

Hi

I am getting this error message in the Print Queue. 

“*\MC_SUPP_INV_DUE_DET_REP_888783.xml (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)”. 

In my .rpl layout file I am currently trying to save to an UNC path which doesn’t work.

Is this where the path needs to be set ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Yes, you need to specify the save path in that system parameter. This will be taken if you have not specified the path in the <file-directory> tag in your RPL layout. Also check you have given full access rights to the folder so that anyone can write to that folder.

Regards,

Chanaka