• 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4
  • Do Gooder
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I tried to deploy SFTP sender for PO.

I aslo created new Routing rule with 2 destination addresses:

• one with connector file - to save xml file locally → this one worked fine, generated and saved xml file
  • one with sftp connector. Here I encounterd an error: “Can't connect to [host_name]”.

Can you provide me with any sample configuration of SFTP_READER to get rid of this issue?

Many thanks,

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @T2S ,

Can you check the points mentioned in this post and see if it resolves the issue?

Why do I get SFTP Sender error; cannot establish SFTP connection to sftp_host:22 ? | IFS Community

Kind regards,
Dinushi​​​

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi Dinushi,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I cannot get the to content of the link. Seems like I not member of the group granted with relevant permissions.

I contacted community@ifs.com but no response.

Could you help other way?

Ps. could you please also advise me what need to done to make newly created FILE_READER up and running?

I created my new FILE_READER. I defined path for IN_DIRECT param. But it seems IFS' process doesn't read file from that repository - it doesn't upload data to <<application messages>> form.
Do you have any idea what should I do to make it work?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi Dinushi,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I cannot get the to content of the link. Seems like I not member of the group granted with relevant permissions.

I contacted community@ifs.com but no response.

Could you help other way?

Ps. could you please also advise me what need to done to make newly created FILE_READER up and running?

I created my new FILE_READER. I defined path for IN_DIRECT param. But it seems IFS' process doesn't read file from that repository - it doesn't upload data to <<application messages>> form.
Do you have any idea what should I do to make it work?

Hi @T2S ,

My bad, that post is targeted for IFS internal use. I will copy the content of the post here as it might help to resolve your issue:

---------------------------

ISSUE:

When trying to use SFTP sender after configuring it from Setup IFS Connect window I get the error Cannot establish SFTP connection to <sftp_host>:22 and application message end up in the failed state.  

CAUSE:

There are two possibilities; either it is not possible to initiate a connection to the SFTP server from the IFS application server (network issue) or the configurations provided to set up the SFTP sender is incorrect.   

RESOLUTION:

Consider the below resolutions.

1. Use a 3rd party tool and make sure it is possible to connect to the SFTP server from the application server. 

2.  If step (1) was successful, but you still get the error in the application message, it is necessary to increase the verbosity of the logs to identify the error.

To do that  log into the IFS Middleware Server Admin Console and increase the log levels of 'Integration' and 'Batch Processor' to Debug. Save the configuration changes. No need to restart the servers. 

At the end of step (2) logs will be created in '<IFS_HOME>\instance\<Instance_name>\logs\j2ee'.

3. Check the 'ifsconnectdebug-ManagedServer1.0.log'. This file will indicate any configuration issues in the SFTP configuration setup in the IFS Application side.  

Example:

2020-08-04 12:17:36,378  85 DEBUG [Integration] ifs.fnd.tc.ftp.SFTP.transferFile(): Configuration validation exception: ifs.fnd.base.SystemException: OutDir string is null 

• As per the above logs OutDir should be specified in the routing address.
  • The log file will contain the detail information according to the error you receive.    

--------------------------

Help document for SFTP configuration for App8:
https://wit.ifsworld.com/f1docs/apps8/Foundation1/020_administration/240_integration/300_ifs_connect/020_ifs_connect_configuration/060_transport_connectors/configure_sftp_transport_connector.htm

Help document for FILE READER configuration for App8:
https://wit.ifsworld.com/f1docs/apps8/Foundation1/020_administration/240_integration/300_ifs_connect/020_ifs_connect_configuration/060_transport_connectors/configure_file_transport_connector.htm#Starting_up_the_File_reader

Some points double check:

• Check to ensure no trailing spaces and the sftp_knownhosts file was created with the host, username and password as entered in IFS Connect set up.
  • Check if the address data is correct:

Kindly go through the above and re-check whether everything is set up correctly.
If possible please post screenshots of your set up. That will help to resolve the issues. :)

Best regards,
Dinushi