Question

Setup Multi-Company logos

• 14 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 3 replies

I have uploaded the complogo image to the database, using Report Images in Aurena.
And this works fine, as long as the company is using a default logo.

I have also uploaded several other images, that i want to use for companies not using the default logo.
I have tried to use the “Document Logotype” on the company, but this doesn’t seem to be working.

How do i tell the application to use a different logo than the default logo for the company?

/Jørn

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @JONI ,

It would be easier for the community to provide an answer if you can include the current IFS application version (along with update version) you are trying this on.

Also did you refer the following thread?

Multiple companies in one instance - how/where to register different company logos | IFS Community

Thanks,

Kasun

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi JONI,

In case you are using IFS Application 10, following documentation also provide more information that might be helpful for you. Please refer ‘Setup Images at runtime’ to get an idea on what are the options available along with the UPD version.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/050_development/025_operational_reporting/050_layout_design/020_layout_design/100_working_with_images/default.htm

BR,

Nishadi

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi @JONI ,

It would be easier for the community to provide an answer if you can include the current IFS application version (along with update version) you are trying this on.

Also did you refer the following thread?

Multiple companies in one instance - how/where to register different company logos | IFS Community

Thanks,

Kasun

Thank you Kasun and Nishandi!

I’m trying to set this up in IFS Version 10 - Update 8.
Sorry, i tried a search for posts, but didn’t find the exact post you are linking. 

The post is partially what i’m trying to figure out.

I know i can solve this using the file repository and specify The Document Logotype in the company window. But i’m trying to figure out if i can do this using logos uploaded to the database, and Report Images/Logo tab in Aurena. 

The documentation says: “As of UPD8 you can use the Solution Manager \ Operational Reporting \ Report Images page in Aurena to manage your logos and images. You can add, delete or modify the images from this page.”

But i can’t figure out a way to specify which company uses what logo. If i have 10 companies where 6 are using the default complogo.gif, and the other 4 uses individual logos.

Is there a way i can do this using one layout?  Or should i just use the file repository solution?

It would be good if it was a database alternative, so i don’t have to handle filesystem access for the customer.

/Jørn

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Jørn,

Were you able to find a solution for the above problem? I am having the same issue with 37 companies.

Any pointers will be really valued.

Regards,

Malik

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi Malik!

Yes, i got it working.

Upload your images to the “Report Images” page in Aurena

Copy the exact “Image Name” from the field

Paste the Image Name into the “Document Logotype” on the company

/Jørn

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Thanks Jørn, That works like a charm!!! You saved me from creating a case to IFS :).
IFS just hasn’t documented this anywhere…..

Cheers!

Malik