Question

Setting the correct user in docman when uploading a file via integration

• 21 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

We are on Apps10 UPD14 using Boomi / IFS Connector for integration.

We have a scenario where we are using Boomi integration to upload a file into document management from an external app.  I know who the user on the app is, and I know that users IFS user ID.

My challenge is - IFS is recognizing my integration ID as the user uploading the file, and I need to set the docman access based on the application user.

Example - IntegrationID is the ID Boomi is using and Joe.Smith is the user in the app.  When Joe.Smith uploads a file from the app to IFS, I need the final result in doc man to look like Joe.Smith did the upload (as if they were in IFS when they did it) and not IntegrationID.  Currently, it’s IntegrationID.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

HI Janice @jhooperyan 

As you’re seeing if the connector is doing the upload, then you’ll be seeing it as the credentials of the connector user.  I guess we need the ability to directly modify the user post upload, but I don’t know if that’s possible.  If you haven’t made any progress, drop me a note and I’ll look into it.

Peter

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Peter Sketch Boomi 

No progress so far.  But I was hoping I wasn’t the first person to run into this and someone else had a solution.

The only thing I can come up with is to make the document upload a 2 step process in Boomi.  (1) upload the document (2) trigger a script to change the security access after the fact.

So we are starting to research if we script the security change.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I’ve certainly not come across it I’m afraid.  Maybe push the “real” user’s info into another field and then trigger a script to do the update with that info.  Or, if you wanted it to all live in Boomi land, you could create a custom Action to do the work?  I’ll try and take a look later.