Solved

Setting a field to default value that is not a custom field

• 1 July 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi

Is it possible to set a checkbox to default as ticked in Apps 8? This is not a custom field.

Thanks

Hayley

icon

Best answer by Nilushi Silva 1 July 2021, 11:33

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @HayleyG,

Usually through database logic or in client logic it is possible set a default value to checkbox. But if you are trying to add it through an event action, it could be possible only when a record is inserted / updated/ removed.

If i have not answer your question, could you provide me more information regarding yourscenario.

Nilushi - 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Nilushi,

Thank you for your very quick response. Without fear of sounding stupid, how do I access database or client logic? Or is this something we would need IFS to do?

Thanks

Hayley

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @HayleyG,

Yes. If customers code development are only handled by IFS, then i belive you will have to handle the requirement through a customization by contacting IFS consulting.

I hope i answered your question.

Thanks,
Nilushi

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @HayleyG 

See the below screen capture, there is a possibility to set defaults values for fields, using the Default tab(RMB of a window-> Properties->Object Properties dialog box ) when new records are created.

Is this the type of answer that you are looking for. if not please send us further details of your request.

/Shardha

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @HayleyG, the tab I’m referring is not available in APP8 it seems, its in APP75.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

Thank you both for your help. Yes we do not appear to have that tab in Apps 8 unfortunately, I should be able to achieve the checkbox tick with a custom event/action on new records though. 

Thanks again,

Hayley

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @HayleyG ,
I beliver best approach for  your scenario would be handling it through a custom field.
Glad we could help you out.
Nilushi-