Solved

Search Domain (DOCMAN component)

• 2 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +14

Hi All,

We got the error ‘domain index is marked LOADING/FAILED/UNUSABLE’ when we click on the finish button of ‘Create Document Assistant’.

There were a few background jobs that kept executing for a long time.

I had to stop them and dropped all DOCMAN search domains and rebuilt them as mentioned in the below post and 

Error: "ORA-29861: domain index is marked LOADING/FAILED/UNUSABLE"

Now we can create documents using ‘‘Create Document Assistant’ but I noticed a few things which I need your opinion on:

1. Search Domain synchronization has been set for every 30 mins and the ‘DocumentContent’ task takes more than 20 mins to complete (go to Ready status). Do I need to change the frequency of this scheduled task? for example every day at 00:00

1. Noticed that rebuild scheduled tasks are no longer active, do I need to enable them?
  2. What is the best frequency to rebuild this rebuild application search indexes? 

I really appreciate your valuable suggestions and opinion on this.

Thank you in Advance. 

icon

Best answer by Charith Epitawatta 2 December 2022, 19:39

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @MitDenukN,

By default, Search Domains are scheduled to be synchronized every 30 minutes. But depending on how often the data is modified, you can decide whether the scheduled job needs to be run less or more frequently. To decide this, you can check the number of unsynchronized documents for the Search Domain from “Search Domains” window in IEE and adjust the schedule. 

Rebuilding a Search Domain would re-index all the documents relevant for the Search Domain. Rebuilding Search Domains is considered not necessary unless there is a change to the definition of the Search Domain or the index has become unusable. However you can schedule this to run once every month for good measure. 

The relevant tables will be locked during the rebuilding of indexes. This means, during that time, the application cannot perform any business transactions on the table. Therefore, make sure to schedule this to run during a time such as night time or weekends where little to no users will active in the system. 

This applies for any Search Domain, not just Document Management related Search Domains.

You can find more details about this in the Search Domain maintenance documentation, which can be found here:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/010_overview/220_user_interface/application_search_concept/maintaining_search_domains.htm

Hope this helps!

Badge +14

Hi @Charith Epitawatta, Thank you so much for your detailed response.

Is there any possibility to impact the transactions during synchronization time?

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @MitDenukN,

To my knowledge, there is no notable impact from synchronization jobs that are scheduled to run regularly. However, if you are synchronizing a Search Domain with a large number of unsynchronized documents, such as synchronizing for the first time after rebuilding the index, it could affect the performance.

Hope this helps!

Badge +14

Thank you so much for the clarification 😊