Solved

RWC Text Translations not found in Text Translations window or Database

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

This is for IFS Apps 10.

Strangely, there are no records if you search for Main Type RWC from Text Translations window in IEE and also in the database tables. If I export RWC language files (Export All - Core - RWC - All modules - English + other languages selected) => I get 0 files exported.

The lng files in the build home have the entries as usual and the application translates well to mainly used languages.

Note: Cannot even see any entry (with no other filter) having PATH like %frm% or %col% or %tbw% or %dlg%

The following are the only main types I can see in the database and client. (logged in with IFSAPP) same in our TEST and PROD environments.

Any idea what might be wrong? TIA

icon

Best answer by stefan 25 May 2022, 13:40

View original

5 replies

Badge +3

Hi,
The RWC, among some other files, are not imported and installed into the database by the installer in APPS10.
The installer only imports the files needed for runtime.
The RWC are not needed in the database, these are used when compiling the client code, and when the satellite assemblies for the languages are created.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi,
The RWC, among some other files, are not imported and installed into the database by the installer in APPS10.
The installer only imports the files needed for runtime.
The RWC are not needed in the database, these are used when compiling the client code, and when the satellite assemblies for the languages are created.

I know. but we need to refer them in the application or to do some translations. The proper way to translate them will be to do it in the client, export lang files and build to the application right? But I cannot do this since there are no records of it in the database.

I assume since these are customer environments they do not exist here but exist in IFS internal DEV BNT environments for development/translation purposes?

Any possibility we can reimport them to database for reference purposes?

Badge +3

These files can be imported in IEE client to be able to do translations, same place where you tried the export.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

These files can be imported in IEE client to be able to do translations, same place where you tried the export.

OF COURSE! 

🤦🏼

crazy how something so obvious flees you and you’re left asking stupid questions.

Thanks for the re-focus. I was completely hung up on an unimportant task while I could have solved the main problem easily.

Badge +1

Sorry, but in DEV where can I find those files, for the RWC translation? Thanks.