Solved

restricting user to read-only on a form

• 24 March 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I want to restrict a user to read-only on form e.g. price list or quotation line, how can i do his using Permission Sets.

icon

Best answer by Ravindu Suriarachchi 24 March 2020, 22:05

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @FPayab ,

Click the right mouse button on the presentation object you need to grant. You can see there are two options called “Grant” and “Grant query”

If you select “Grant”, the user will be granted permissions to view data along with the ability to add, edit and delete

“Grant query” allows the user only to view data.

/Ravindu

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Thanks Ravindu,

I have granted Query to the role again and again and still it is allowing user to edit. Not sure what is wrong 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

As I remember you have to Revoke first (if you had previously used “Grant”) then select Grant Query. Refresh Security cache.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I did so and it still does not work. when i revoke all on Pricing and then Grant Query on Pricing, it removes the privileges as below.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Are they listed under any other permission sets that might give them access?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

No, there are no other roles with permission sets to allow for, even I have removed all other roles and still it does not work.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi FPayab,

You have to make sure users don’t have access to the data base objects which creates, modify and remove information in the LU you want to leave in read only:

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi FPayab,

You have to make sure users don’t have access to the data base objects which creates, modify and remove information in the LU you want to leave in read only:

Yes Juan, I found out about the DB objects (Modify_, Insert_ , Remove_). It is sorted now. Thanks :)