Solved

"Request aborted" when executing a long running function from Enterprise Explorer

• 4 November 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

When we are trying to execute “Send and Release Invoice” on a large invoice from the Project Invoice window, we get a “Request Aborted” error message everytime after around 30 minutes. I suppose this must be a limit set somewhere in the system? Is it possible to increase this limit? 

icon

Best answer by SOROLAANTON 5 November 2019, 10:46

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Reconfigure the extended server, and increase the statement execution timeout.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Or this can be a timeout not in IFS. It can be a proxy server or cloud configuration if your setup has such. If the above doesn’t work, you will need to check those as well.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I just quickly went through the code, and as @Rusiru thinks, the code is doing a lot (sending print jobs, creating application messages), so the request that is aborted could be one of the multitude of things. This most probably needs a support ticket and I would encourage you to do so if not already done.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thanks for quick response!

In general, we experience that IFS10 is very slow compared to IFS8, often related to very heavy where clauses in the views.

I think it will be best to not increase the statement execution time, but rather increase the performance somehow. We managed to send and release the invoice by executing the code from PLSQL (it took 1 hour). 

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi,

Where can we find this setting in App10?
The wizard step the image shows above does not exist in Reconfig in App10 UPD17.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi,

Where can we find this setting in App10?
The wizard step the image shows above does not exist in Reconfig in App10 UPD17.

Ok, we found the answer for App10, it can be set in ‘IFS Middleware Server Admin Console’