Solved

Reporting Rule Layout File

• 4 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hello,

I am attempting to create a reporting rule to select a different layout for an operational report, but I am encountering an error.

When I go to select a different layout, I only have the report designer layouts to select from, not any of the crystal report layouts that I actually need to use.

Is there a way to use the Crystal Layouts?

Thanks,
Bryan

icon

Best answer by Charith Epitawatta 12 April 2023, 06:42

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @bdoucette,

Please go to the “Report Definitions” and filter for the report you need. Then click on “Show Details” and see if the layout you need is “In Use” under the “Layout Definitions” section. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @Charith Epitawatta 

Unfortunately, I have multiple crystal report layouts selected and set to in use, but they are not appearing. Only the report designer layouts are appearing, its ignoring the in use Crystal Reports.

Thanks,
Bryan

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @bdoucette,

Please go to the “Report Definitions” and filter for the report you need. Then click on “Show Details” and see if the layout you need is “In Use” under the “Layout Definitions” section. 

Hope this helps!

Hi @Charith Epitawatta,

Would you happen to know why I cannot select the Crystal Reports layouts and only the Report Designer Layouts for a report rule? I double checked that the Crystal Reports layouts are in use, and still nothing appears. I also tried to manually type out the crystal report layout name in that section but it wouldn’t accept this. Is this something you could look into for me please?

Thanks,
Bryan

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @bdoucette,

Sorry about the late response. It seems you cannot select the Crystal layout from the drop down due to some bug or limitation. As a workaround, you can do the following. 

1. Create an action and select any available Report Designer layout from the drop down and save.
  2. Now select the action you just created and click on “Edit Action Properties” button, which would allow you to edit the action. 
  3. Manually type in the Crystal layout file name and save. This should be the same name you have specified in Report Definitions screen.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @Charith Epitawatta,

Thanks for the response! I appreciate it.

Do you know of any fixes for this being currently worked on? If not, how would I go about reporting this so it gets fixed?

Thanks,
Bryan​​​​​​​

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @bdoucette,

From the looks of it, this issue is still not reported and unidentified. You can report it by opening a case with IFS so that it can be forwarded to R&D if necessary.

Hope this helps!